The full color display outputs up to 800 x 480 and features a capacitive touch sensing capable of detecting 10 fingers.
The 800 x 480 display connects to Raspberry Pi via an adapter board that handles power and signal conversion. Only two connections to your Raspberry Pi are required: power from the GPIO port, and a ribbon cable that connects to the DSI port on all Raspberry Pi computers except for the Raspberry Pi Zero and Pi 400 lines.
The display works with all existing Raspberry Pi models, however the mounting holes only line up with the newer board design of the A+, B+, Pi 2, 3B/B+, and 4B.
Note: This screen is not compatible with Pi 400/ Pi Zero.
Looking for a case? The SmartPi Touch 2 works great with all versions of the Pi including Pi 4. For Pi 3B+ and earlier Pi's, check out this one!
- 7” Touchscreen Display
- Adapter Board
- DSI Ribbon Cable
- 4 x Stand-offs and Screws
- 4 x Jumper Wires
- 7” Touchscreen Display.
- Screen Dimensions: 194mm x 110mm x 20mm (including standoffs)
- Viewable screen size: 155mm x 86mm
- Screen Resolution 800 x 480 pixels
- 10 finger capacitive touchConnects to the Raspberry Pi board using a ribbon cable connected to the DSI port.
- Adapter board is used to power the display and convert the parallel signals from the display to the serial (DSI) port on the Raspberry Pi.
- Latest version of Raspbian OS required to operate correctly.