The Sixfab 3G/4G & LTE Base HAT grants your Raspberry Pi or 40-pin Pi compatible single-board-computer a super-simple interface bridge between mini PCIe cellular modems. With the modems you insert into Base HAT, your Raspberry Pi based projects will access data networks all around the world. This Base HAT enables high-bandwidth cellular connectivity on your remote devices. From low-power consumption LTE-M to ultra-high-speed LTE-Advanced mini PCIe cards supported by this HAT. Both UART and USB communication with modules are available on the shield.
Remote management of your devices on the field, secure connection over the mobile network, reliable coverage across the globe with lots of carrier options are available with this HAT stacked on the Raspberry Pi. It can be used as an LTE modem or dongle. If you’re looking for a Raspberry Pi LTE HAT for applications like Raspberry Pi video streaming or high-speed data transferring, you are at right place. This add-on board allows you to create a remote controllable LTE Wi-Fi Hotspot, high-speed GPS tracking and more.
- Fully compatible with Raspberry Pi models that have the 40-pin GPIO header (4, 3, 2, B+, A+, Zero)
- Easy-to-use, simple setup, plug-and-play
- QMI and PPP are supported
- Clip-in Mini PCIe socket compatible with worldwide LTE, UMTS/HSPA+ and GSM/GPRS/EDGE coverage with regional or global modules which work with different frequencies & carriers
- With the 4G/LTE Module(e.g Quectel EC25) you can reach 150Mbps downlink and 50Mbps uplink data rates. And the 3G Module( e.g Quectel UC20) delivers the maximum data rate of 14.4Mbps downlink and 5.76Mbps uplink.
- Micro SIM Card socket is easily reachable on the upside of the HAT.
- Can be used standalone with PC/Laptop over micro USB, without stacking with Raspberry Pi.
- The HAT can be powered from an external 5V source by exposed power pins, directly from Raspberry Pi 5V GPIO headers, via micro USB, or optional JST connector on the bottom of the board. A specially designed 90-degree right angle micro USB cable is included to package.
- Efficient and low quiescent current power circuit can hold up to 3Amps
- Optional Send/Receive AT commands over Raspberry Pi UART port is available
- Taking the module into the Airplane Mode, resetting module or RI and DTR functions can be accessible over GPIO pins.
- The power of the whole board electronics can be disabled for low-power consumption use cases
- The modules(EC25&UC20) have built-in GNSS(GPS/GLONASS) receiver for your location-based applications.
- Working temperature range: -40°C ~ 80°C