NOTE: We have a limited supply of the pre-2022 version of this board. It does not receive GLONASS. If you require a different version, please contact us!
This GPS shield works great with either UNO or Leonardo Arduinos and is designed to log data to an SD card. Or you can leave the SD card out and use the GPS for a geocaching project, or maybe a music player that changes tunes depending on where you are in the city.
- -165 dBm sensitivity, 10 Hz updates, 66 channels
- Low power module - only 20mA current draw, half of most GPS's
- Assembled & tested shield for Arduino Uno/Duemilanove/Diecimila/Leonardo (not for use with Mega/ADK/Due)
- MicroSD card slot for datalogging onto a removable card
- RTC battery included, for up to 7 years backup
- Built-in datalogging to flash
- PPS output on fix
- >25Km altitude
- Internal patch antenna + u.FL connector for external active antenna
- Power, Pin #13 and Fix status LED
- Big prototyping area
Each order comes with one assembled and tested shield, a stick of 0.1" male header and a 12mm coin cell. Some light soldering is required to attach the header to the shield in order to plug it into your Arduino. if you want to stack a shield on top, be sure to pick up a set of stacking headers to use instead.
If your project is going to be inside an enclosure, you'll love this shield as it has external antenna support. Simply connect an external active GPS antenna to the shield via the u.FL connector and the module will automatically switch over to use the antenna. You can then place the antenna wherever you wish.
We think this is the Ultimate GPS shield and we also think you'll agree! For more details, tutorials and example code check Adafruit's comprehensive tutorial
- Dimensions(PCB only): 69mm x 53mm x 6.7mm (2.7in x 2.1in x 0.26in)
- Weight (w/o GPS module): 24g
Datasheets, schematic, EagleCAD PCB files, Fritzing, and other downloads available in the product tutorial!
Aug 29, 2014 - we now sell it with firmware v5632 which fixes some altitude calculations (more accuracy)
- Satellites: 33 tracking, 99 searching
- Patch Antenna Size: 15mm x 15mm x 4mm
- Update rate: 1 to 10 Hz
- Position Accuracy: < 3 meters (all GPS technology has about 3m accuracy)
- Velocity Accuracy: 0.1 meters/s
- Warm/cold start: 34 seconds
- Acquisition sensitivity: -145 dBm
- Tracking sensitivity: -165 dBm
- Maximum Velocity: 515m/s
- MTK3333 Operating current: 29mA tracking, 35 mA current draw during navigation
- Output: NMEA 0183, 9600 baud default
- DGPS/WAAS/EGNOS supported
- FCC E911 compliance and AGPS support (Offline mode : EPO valid up to 14 days )
- Up to 210 PRN channels
- Jammer detection and reduction
- Multi-path detection and compensation
- Datasheets, PCB files, Fritzing objects and more available in the tutorial