The full color display outputs up to 800 x 480 and features a capacitive touch sensing capable of detecting 10 fingers.
Only two connections from the Pi to the display are necessary; power from GPIO (or USB) connection to the DSI port. The adapter board handles power, signal conversion, and touch input conversion.
The display works with all existing Raspberry Pi models, however the mounting holes only line up with the newer board design of the A+, B+, Pi 2, and Pi 3
Looking for a case? The SmartPi Touch 2 works great with all versions of the Pi including Pi 4. For Pi 3B+ and earlier Pi's, check out this one!
- 7” Touchscreen Display
- Adapter Board
- DSI Ribbon Cable
- 4 x Stand-offs and Screws
- 4 x Jumper Wires
- 7” Touchscreen Display.
- Screen Dimensions: 194mm x 110mm x 20mm (including standoffs)
- Viewable screen size: 155mm x 86mm
- Screen Resolution 800 x 480 pixels
- 10 finger capacitive touchConnects to the Raspberry Pi board using a ribbon cable connected to the DSI port.
- Adapter board is used to power the display and convert the parallel signals from the display to the serial (DSI) port on the Raspberry Pi.
- Latest version of Raspbian OS required to operate correctly.