The Touch Board makes your projects interactive.
One tool, a million possibilities! Create sensors with the Touch Board’s 12 electrodes and trigger sounds through its MP3 player. Make a MIDI piano, an interactive wall, a proximity sensor — you decide. Use our cross‐platform installer to add loads of code examples to the Arduino IDE.
Not sure where to get started? Take a look at our Touch Board Starter Kit. It comes with all the materials and ideas you need to get making today!
Protoshields, crocodile clips, copper tape, solder and e‐textiles. Use with Electric Paint to design your own sensors.
LEVEL: Beginner to Expert Engineer
The Touch Board comes pre-programmed with an audio guide that takes you through basic features and highlights of the board. This tutorial below will get you up and running in no time.
Want to paint an interactive wall? The Touch Board is for you. Connect something conductive – like our Electric Paint – to any one of the 12 electrodes and turn it into a reliable touch or distance sensor. Use the tutorials below to see the power of the Touch Board’s sensors in action.
The Touch Board is easily programmed via the Arduino IDE. Use the tutorial below to get our libraries and example sketches on your machine instantly. Tune your distance sensors, play MP3s or make an amazing MIDI controller. It’s just an upload away.
Your Touch Board will arrive programmed as an MP3 player. Want to switch our audio guide for your favourite tunes? Just follow the straightforward tutorial below. Want to use the MP3 functionality for another project? Great. Our libraries make it easy to control your files.
The Touch Board is the most flexible MIDI controller on the market. Turn any thing, any surface or any space into a USB MIDI controller. Take a look at the tutorials below to get your Touch Board connected to Ableton Live and Max/MSP in just a few steps.
• Capacitive touch and distance sensing
• Arduino compatible
• No programming required
• Code and libraries for the Arduino IDE for optional programming
• USB HID compatible
• USB MIDI compatible (example code for Ableton Live)
• USB CDC compatible (example code for Max)
• Preprogrammed as an MP3 Player
• Easy to program as a MIDI instrument or MIDI interface
• HID capable – turn the Touch Board into a keyboard or mouse
• Arduino Leonardo pin layout supporting Arduino shields
• Built in LiPo battery charger
• 3.5mm audio jack
• 20 Digital I/O pins
• 12 Analogue pins
• Atmel ATMega32U4 Microprocessor
• Freescale MPR121 dedicated touch interface
• VLSI VS1053B audio processor
• 32 kB of Flash Memory of which 4 KB is used for bootloader
• 2.5 kB of SRAM
• microSD card included, the Touch Board will work with any microSD card up to 32GB.
• 5V operating voltage
Precautions of use:
Children under 14 years of age must be supervised by an adult whilst using this product. This board may be powered over USB, by an approved 3.7V Lithium Polymer cell or a 3.0~5.5V DC power supply. Observe battery polarity markings carefully before use. Do not use on conductive/met-‐al surfaces as this may short circuit the board and damage it. Bare Conductive takes no for external circuitry connected to this board.
Design, discover, create. Your design and electronics projects are about to change forever. Paint circuits...
The Pi Cap adds precise capacitive touch, proximity sensing and high quality audio to your...